Contact: hi (at) gamermalaya.my
The Toreador Are A Playable Clan In Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2
Another week, another playable clan of vampires has been confirmed for Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2.
The Toreador, the Clan of the Roses are returning as a playable clan from the first game. They are the most human-like of the vampires and would mostly be seen in a crowd. They are obsessed in the arts and beauty and desperately wants to feel like being a human again.
In Seattle, where the game takes place in, they make up a large population of the vampires settled there.
The Toreador suffers a curse like the rest of the vampire clans, and like the Tremere, their curse is modified from the pen-and-paper system to make more gameplay sense. The Toreador suffers a penalty to willpower when they are isolated and away from a crowd. As mentioned in the dev stream, the Toreador’s curse of being stunned for a long time when encountering an object of beauty does not make for compelling gameplay in a video game.
As for the disciplines, the Toreador gets Presence. The Awe power enables you to stun people with your sheer presence and have them be oblivious to what they are seeing. The other is Entrance, a power that will summon an entourage of your admirers, which distracts enemies. You can feed on the summoned admirers if you want to as well.
The other discipline the Toreador has is similar to the Brujahs, Celerity. This gives them supernatural speed. The two disciplines plus one that you picked up when you start as a Thinblood makes for the three disciplines your character can have.
This week’s dev stream also reveals a few cool tidbits of Bloodlines 2:
- You begin the game with character customisation (gender, pronoun, background) and you get to test out all the three Thinblood disciplines before committing to one. Stat points are not assigned immediately
- There will be a special autosave point before you commit to choosing which clan to play as, so you don’t have to play from the start or are happy with the character but you just want to play a different clan
- Mod support is confirmed coming on launch. What exactly is moddable is yet to be confirmed
- All the details above are subject to change as the game is currently in pre-alpha
- There will be more playable clans added post-launch and will be free. The developers are yet to decide on how many will they be adding yet
- They hinted at dancing (though not an integral game mechanic)
Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 will be out in Q1 2020 for the PS4, PC (Steam, Epic Games Store, GOG, Paradox Store) and Xbox One.