Contact: hi (at) gamermalaya.my
Borderlands 3 Gets Boosted Rare Spawns (Carrying Unique Legendary Gear) This Week
The second week of the Borderlands 10-year anniversary celebration has begun. Last week saw an increase in legendary loot drops on specific bosses (though your mileage may vary), this week it’s rare spawns that gets a boost.
Rare spawns are unique enemies that only appear rarely, or sometimes appear on bounty boards as a sidequest to kill them. The rate for these enemies, most of them are pop culture references, are now higher via a micropatch/hotfix- connect online and wait in the main menu for a bit. The hotfix is not applied if you load the game too soon and saw “game update available” next time you pause.
So here’s the list of rare spawns, and the unique legendary loot they drop:
- Rakkman – Night Flyer, Legendary Pistol
- El Dragon Jr – Unleash the Dragon, Legendary Artifact
- Road Dog – Redline, Legendary Shotgun
- IndoTyrant – Random Customization
- Force Troopers – Random Legendary class mods
- Demoskaggon – Random Legendary Shield
- The Unstoppable – Band of Sytorak, Legendary Shield
- Thunk & Sloth – It’s Piss, Legendary Grenade Mod
- Maxitrillion – The Horizon, Legendary Shotgun
- Borman Nates – Psycho Stabber, Legendary Pistol
- Princess Tarantella II – Hive, Legendary Rocket Launcher
- Mother of Dragons – Random Legendary Artifacts
- Red Jabber – Random Legendary Grenade Mod
- Urist McEnforcer – Masterwork Crossbow, Legendary Sniper Rifle
Of the legendary gear listed here, the Night Flyer is a silly one. Not only do you need to kill a Batman knock-off, but the pistol he drops has one big gimmick- it deals big damage but you can’t kill anyone with it.
The event begins on October 8th, 9AM PDT (October 9th, 12AM Malaysian time, +8GMT) and lasts until October 15th, 8.59AM PDT (11.59PM).
Borderlands 3 is out now on PS4, PC (Epic Games Store) and Xbox One. You can find our review of the looter-shooter here.