PS4 Software Sell through 50.4 Million over the Same Period, UNCHARTED 4: A Thief’s End, reached a cumulative sell through of more than 8.7 Million copies globally
Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) announced robust sales for PlayStation®4 (PS4™) computer entertainment system and its software titles this holiday. That includes:
- PS4 has sold through more than 6.2 million units during the 2016 holiday season*1.
- PS4 has now cumulatively sold through more than 53.4*2 million units globally as of January 1, 2017.
- PS4 software sales also remained strong during the 2016 holiday season with more than 50.4 million copies*3 sold in retail stores worldwide and through digital downloads on PlayStation®Store as of January 1, 2017. UNCHARTED 4: A Thief’s End reached a cumulative sell through of more than 8.7 million copies globally*4 as of December 21, 2016.
“We are truly grateful for the tremendous support from our fans and partners, which has helped to make this holiday season one of the best in our history.” said Andrew House, President and Global CEO of Sony Interactive Entertainment. “We will aim to continue the momentum this year by broadening the PS4 title portfolio, further enriching the revolutionary gaming experiences on PlayStation VR*5 and high quality gaming experience on PlayStation4 Pro*6, while also expanding network services. We will remain steadfast in making the PS4 the best place to play.”
The PS4 system is currently available in 123 countries and regions*7 worldwide.
- *1Number of retail sales to consumers is estimated by SIE. PS4 sales data in Japan and Asia collected 11/21/2016 – 1/1/2017, in North America and Latin America collected 11/20/2016 – 12/31/2016, in Europe collected 11/21/2016 – 12/31/2016.
- *2Number of retail sales to consumers is estimated by SIE. Sales data in Japan collected 2/22/2014 – 1/1/2017, in North America collected 11/15/2013 – 12/31/2016, in Europe and Latin America collected 11/29/2013 – 12/31/2016, and in Asia collected 12/17/2013 – 1/1/2017.
- *3Number of retail sales to consumers is estimated by SIE. Sales data in Japan and Asia collected 11/21/2016 – 1/1/2017, in North America and Latin America collected 11/20/2016 – 12/31/2016, in Europe collected 11/21/2016 – 12/31/2016.
- *4Includes worldwide sell through data for both Blu-ray Disc sell-through quantities and digital sales.
- *6PlayStation®4 Pro
- *7As of 12/7/2016