Contact: hi (at) gamermalaya.my
Here’s What To Expect At The Gamestart 2019, First Wave Of Guests Revealed
GameStart 2019 will be the last time Southeast Asia’s premier gaming event will be adorning that name. But this is their biggest year yet. GameStart 2019 will be held on October 12-13th and at Suntec Convention Centre, Singapore.
For games, GameStart has revealed that these publishers will be on the show floor- the GameStart Demo Zone:
- Marvel Games
- Bandai Namco
- Arc System Works
- Square Enix
There will be playable demos of various games on the PS4 and Switch. Two which has been confirmed are the already released Oninaki and Just Dance 2020.
Alongside that are the various game tournaments for esports goers. The biggest of all, the SEA Major, will be hosting the Asia Regional Finals for Street Fighter V’s Capcom Pro Tour and the finals of the first-ever Soul Calibur Asia League.
There are hints that there will be a game publisher making an announcement during SEA Major. Whether this is Arc System Works showing a new trailer for the new Guilty Gear showing off Axl Low, or something other than that we don’t know for sure yet.
Alongside that are three other tournaments including:
- GameStart 2019: FIFA 20 Championship
- MyRepublic Gamer tournament series (Mobile Legends, League Of Legends)
- Pixel Battle Ultimate Challenge – GameStart’s own mobile game, Pixel Battle)
GameStart also has revealed the first wave of guests coming to the show, with more to be revealed. The list includes the following:
- Takashi Tokita, veteran producer at Square Enix, creative producer at Tokyo RPG Factory (Oninaki)
- Lun Lorrain, Malaysian violinist
- Richard Suwono, artist from Indonesia
- V.K., pianist from Taiwan, game composer
- Riiyuukii Cosplay and Yuuno, cosplaying as GameStart mascot Alyse and a new nemesis character respectively
GameStart 2019 will also feature The Sanctuary- a selection of food stalls that also serve mead and beer (careful with your drinking if you’re going there), a brand-new adventure room experience called The Castle, and of course, returning from previous years, the Tabletop Zone, the indie games showcase Founders Base and the Dojin Market.
Beginning next year, the event will be known as gamescom asia, which will also be exhibiting at the show floor.
This is just a first wave of info, so expect more reveals as we get closer to the event date.