Contact: hi (at) gamermalaya.my
The First 13 Xbox Backward Compatible Games Announced, Available Now
Microsoft has announced the date of the original Xbox backward compatible games are coming to Xbox One and the first 13 titles to receive the treatment. On October 24, these games will be available on Xbox One enhanced with better visuals, smoother frame rates and faster loading times.
The games are:
- Black (Electronic Arts)
- BloodRayne 2 (Majesco Entertainment)
- Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge (Microsoft)
- Dead to Rights (Bandai Namco)
- Fuzion Frenzy (Microsoft)
- Grabbed by the Ghoulies (Microsoft)
- Ninja Gaiden Black (Koei Tecmo)
- Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (Ubisoft)
- Psychonauts (Double Fine Productions)
- Red Faction II (THQ Nordic)
- Sid Meier’s Pirates! (2K Games)
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (Electronic Arts)
- The King of Fighters Neowave (SNK)
Owners of the original Xbox games physically can just insert their discs into an Xbox One to receive a download for the backwards compatible version. Each of these games can be purchased from the Xbox marketplace for $9.99 USD each.
Here’s an example of the graphics changes from the original Xbox to the backwards compatible version played on the Xbox One S:
Like the Xbox 360 backwards compatible feature, expect to see more games to join the line in the future. While this feature may not see much use over Southeast Asia since Xbox is barely present here, it’s nice to see old games being preserved and playable on modern consoles.