Contact: hi (at) gamermalaya.my
The Dew Challenge 2017 Dota 2 Amateur Tournament Is Now Commencing
Mountain Dew has kicked off their third year of the Dew Challenge, the Dota 2 Amateur Tournament. For 2017, the competition is getting bigger as it now includes Singapore, with a prize pool of $50,000 SGD on the line.
The Dew Challenge is where several Malaysian Dota stars were first discovered such as MidOne, now playing with Europe’s Team Secret and VT Faded, now part of Chinese outfit Nga Gaming.
So far, the Kuantan leg of the qualifiers have just concluded, with a few more to come. The qualifiers are as follows:
- Pahang at Wildfire Net Café, Kuantan (November 4-5)
- Kuala Lumpur at TBUN 3 Internet Café, Wangsa Maju (November 11-12)
- Johor at 818 CC, Johor Bahru (18-19 November)
- Selangor at INC, SS2 (25-26 November)
- Orchard at JCube (November 4-5)
- Pasir Ris at Colosseum (November 11-12)
- Outram at Alienware (November 18-19)
Top 24 teams form Malaysia and top 12 from Singapore will then proceed to the group stage. Top four teams at the group stage for Malaysia and Singapore will then move to the Dew Challenge 2017 finals, taking place at Berjaya Times Square, Kuala Lumpur on December 9-10.
You can still register your teams for upcoming qualifier events at this site here. The registration is relatively simple- the organisers also claimed that all you need to do at the qualifiers is check-in at the registration counter and that should be it.