Warframe’s First Season Of Battle Pass, Nightwave, Ends This Week With Good Changes Coming Next Season
Warframe’s answer to the current trend of Battle Passes, Nightwave, is ending its first season this week on May 19th. Nightwave Series 1 has player complete daily (sort of) and weekly challenges to collect points and unlock rewards at 30 different levels. But unlike most Battle Passes, this requires no buy-in, free.
This is the last week for players to complete the challenges- referred to as Acts- and spend Wolf Credits, a currency only valid for this series only. The Wolf Of Saturn Six, the big baddie of Series 1, will still have a random chance to spawn after this Nightwave concludes.
With Nightwave Series 1 ending, developers Digital Extremes have already outlined changes to Series 2, taking account of player feedback. The biggest change is that players that missed Acts from past weeks can go back and complete them after clearing the current tasks on offer. This applies to weekly and elite weekly Acts.
There will also be a reduction of total Acts -7 weekly and 3 elite weekly to 5 weekly and 2 elite weekly. However, the value for completing the tasks in total remain- so you’re getting more progress for doing less.
Nightwave Series 2 will also see more interactivity with its storytelling, in contrast to Series 1 which is told through dioramas and the voice of Nightwave Nora Night narrating.
New Acts will be added for Series 2:
- Find 5 Syndicate Medallions
- Transmute 12 Mods
- Deploy an Air Support Charge in a mission
- Pet your Kubrow or Kavat (Very Important)
- Complete 3 Kuva Siphon Missions
- Complete 3 different K-Drive races in Orb Vallis
- Complete a Spy mission using your Operator. Warframe cannot leave spawn room.
The existing Acts will see some changes:
- ‘With Clanmates / Friends’ Act requirements have been removed completely
- Change ‘Complete 5 Sorties’ Elite Weekly to ‘Complete 3 Sorties’
- Complete any ’60 minute Survival’ Act reduced to 30 minutes
- Ayatan Socket requirement for Acts lowered from 5 to 3
- ‘10 perfect conservations’ reduced to ‘6 different perfect conservations’
- ‘10 Bounties’ reduced to ‘5 different Bounties’
- Increase the Sanctuary Onslaught Acts from 3 rounds to 8 rounds
Source: Warframe forums