Contact: hi (at) gamermalaya.my
Singapore Comic Con (SGCC) 2019 Happening This December, Featuring Toys, Comics, Esports And More
Singapore Comic Con 2019 will be happening at Marina Bay Sands Expo Halls A, B and C on 7 – 8 December. If you’re a comic geek, a fan of toys and cosplay, or as most of you reading this, gamers, SGCC will have something for you.
SGCC 2019 has quite a big lineup of guests from the comic, toys and art world. They are:
- Jock (Mark Simpson),artist on 2000 AD, The Losers, Wolverine and the award-winning Batman: The Black Mirror series
- Greg Capullo, artist on Quasar, X-Force, Angela, Spawn and Batman. Also worked at Blizzard on World Of Warcraft
- Tara McPherson, prominent toy designer and artist, 2018 Designer Toy Award winner
- Sarah Andersen, cartoonist of webcomic Sarah’s Scribbles
- Fishball (Tay Yen Ee), Malaysian comic artist on My Giant Nerd Boyfriend
- Yasmine Putri, comic artist
- Donny Cates, comic writer God Country, Venom, Silver Surfer, Absolute Carnage
- Livio Ramondelli, comic artist
- Creees, comic artist
- Joey Spiotto, illustrator
- Prema-Ja, illustrator
- Mighty Jaxx, toy design studio
- Tik Ka from East, artist, designer and illustrator
- Michael Sng, creator of Codename Colossus Mechanized Dieselpunk Walking Tank Scale Models
- Koh Hong Teng, Singaporean comic artist on of Ten Sticks and One Rice
- John Layman,writer on of comic book series Chew
- Jim Mahfood,comic artist and writer, Girl Scouts, Generation X Underground Special
- Alexander Iaccarino, professional illustrator
- Peach MoMoKo, Japanese illustrator, worked on Frozen, Moana
- James C Mulligan, Emmy nominee, New York Times Best Selling author
- David Mack, artist on Kabuki
- Mirka Andolfo, artist, writer of Unnatural
Games, Esports And Tabletop
SGCC 2019 will also feature an enhanced gaming section called zone with Good Game Experience (GGXP). There is a dedicated stage for esports called PVP @ Singapore Comic Con, featuring the finals of the PVP Community League.
This tournament features players from local inter-tertiary campus leagues and also a regional corporate league. The competition will see them these leagues battle it out in Mobile Legends: Bang Bang and Dota 2. A prize pool of SGD 30,000 is up for grabs, with the winners of the PVP Corporate League donating their SGD20,000 to their charity of choice –it’s gaming for a good cause!
The stage will be set for gaming fans to rub shoulders with professional gaming influencers and celebrities, as well as experiencing exclusive industry showcases such as AR and VR gaming.
If you prefer some more traditional, tabletop gaming, you’re in for a treat! SGCC’s Tabletop gaming will feature tournaments for Warhammer 40,000 and Game Of Thrones: A Song Of Ice And Fire Miniatures Game, brought to you by Gamersaurus Rex.
There will also be sessions where you can try your hand at painting your own figurine which will be perfect to take home as a memorabilia. Additionally, there’ll be a Dungeons & Dragons campaign session designed for beginners and first-timers to join in if they want to get into the hype of Tabletop games.
Gamer Malaya and Gamer Matters are official media partners for SGCC 2019