The Lego Group announced a new contest to celebrate the launch of the Lego Super Mario Luigi Stater Course set in Malaysia.
The Lego Super Mario Championship is now open for children aged 5-13 in Malaysia. The contest challenges young builders to create a Lego Super Mario level, and show how they play said level using a Lego Mario or a Lego Luigi figure.
Here are the full rules for the Lego Super Mario Championship:
- Build a LEGO® Super Mario™ level. Builders will have to be aged between 5 and 13 years.
- Submit a video (of maximum 30 seconds in duration) of participants playing the level with LEGO® Mario™ and/or LEGO® Luigi™. The video must include an overview of the level, while capturing the fun and excitement showcased by the participants during play. Participants can submit their videos at www.lsmchampionship.com/my
- Submit an image of the total coins earned.
Each contest submission will be reviewed by a panel of judges which includes Lego Certified Professional Nicholas Foo, Lego Designers Benjamin Ma and Amy Bennett, and Stine Bagge, Brand Manager SEA, The Lego Group.
The winner is decided by how creative your level design is, your “Lego Super Mario spirit shown on video”, and how many coins you collected playing your own level.
The top three winners of the Lego Super Mario Championship will earn these prizes:
- 1st Place: RM1,800 worth of Lego products
- 2nd Place: RM900 worth of Lego products
- 3rd Place: RM600 worth of Lego products
The Lego Super Mario Luigi Starter Course Set and all the wave 3 Lego Super Mario expansion sets are out now in Malaysia. You can take a look at what we think of it (and our recommendations on which the expansions to get) in our review here.