The Outer Worlds Gets Its First Patch, Includes Toggle For Increase Font Size
The Outer Worlds is getting its first patch since launch. Patch 22.214.171.124 is now live on all platforms.
While most of them are much-needed bug fixes (hopefully this includes that door at Tartarus), the one prominent new feature is the ability to increase the font size. Players on consoles or play on TV know the struggle of very small text size theses days. But thankfully Obsidian is addressing this issue quick.
Here’s the full patch notes:
- The game crashing at a specific point when the player has reached Tartarus has been resolved
- Toggle to increase the font size (found in the UI tab under Settings). Increases font for conversation text, cinematic subtitles, bark subtitles, and terminal text.
- Players will no longer experience muffled sounds when playing on the PlayStation 4
- The Prismatic Hammer has been rebalanced.
- Various quest fixes made including “Radio Free Monarch”
- The achievement/trophy for “It’s Not the Best Choice” will pop correctly
- Existing Botched companion quests will have their status reset to Active allowing the player to add them to a party when leaving the ship in order to un-botch the quests, unless the death occurred prior to unlocking the companion quest.
The Outer Worlds is really good, with our review suggesting “it can beat the Fallout franchise in their own game”.