Back in June this year, Xbox announced that five games from Riot Games are coming to Xbox Game Pass.
This is odd at face value, as the publisher’s in-house developed games are already free-to-play. However, the deal will actually give Game Pass subscribers additional perks, including access to the full roster of agents in Valorant and all champions in League Of Legends.
Today, Xbox announced that Game Pass subscribers will be getting these exact perks in a selection of Riot Games’ games. This includes the following:
- All current Agents
- Access to every new Agent as soon as they’re released
- 20% Match XP boost given to Battle Pass, Event Pass, and active Agent Contract progress
League of Legends
- All 160+ champions
- Access to every new champion as soon as they’re released
- 20% XP boost
Legends of Runeterra
- All cards in Foundations Set
- 1-Star Rare Little Legend Tacticians
- 4 Arena Skins available until April 2023, and 1 Arena Skin that’s on a monthly rotation thereafter
League of Legends: Wild Rift (coming in January 2023)
- All 80+ champions
- Day-one access to every new champion as they’re released
- 20% XP boost
Game Pass subscribers (including PC Game Pass) will need to link their Riot account on the Xbox App for PC. This should be available on December 12 (for Southeast Asia, it’s not live yet today, so give it another 24 hours).
Players of Riot Games in Southeast Asia will need to migrate their Garena account to a Riot account as Riot takes over publishing duties in the region.
Doing so before January 1, 2023 will net you even more rewards, which re the following:
- Valorant – Pocket Sage Buddy
- League of Legends – Masterwork Chest and Key
- Teamfight Tactics – Little Legend Rare Egg
- Wild Rift – Random Emote Chest
- Legends of Runeterra – Prismatic Chest
The abundance of perks offered here makes more sense now to offer Riot Games’ catalogue of free-to-play games on the monthly games subscription service.