Riot Games’ free-to-play tactical shooter Valorant is about to enter Episode 4 Act 3. And with that comes new content.
The big highlight is the addition of new agent, Fade. The Turkish bounty hunter “unleashes the power of raw nightmares to seize enemy secrets.”
From a gameplay standpoint, Fade’s kit is designed to be a recon-heavy agent similar to Sova. But Fade’s recon powers are more localised, and don’t involve an out-of-body experience.
Here’s Fade’s list of abilities:
- Haunt (E)
- Equip a nightmarish entity. FIRE to throw the orb which will plummet to the ground after a set amount of time. Upon hitting the ground, the orb will turn into a nightmarish entity that will reveal the location of enemies caught in its line of sight. Enemies can destroy this entity. RE-USE the ability to drop the projectile early in-flight.
- Seize (Q)
- Equip an orb of nightmare ink. FIRE to throw the orb which will plummet to the ground after a set amount of time. Upon hitting the ground, the ink will explode and create a zone in which enemies who are caught in it cannot escape the zone by normal means. RE-USE the ability to drop the projectile early in-flight
- Prowler (C)
- EQUIP a Prowler. FIRE will send the Prowler out, causing it to travel in a straight line. The Prowler will lock onto any enemies or trails in their frontal vision cone and chase them, nearsighting them if it reaches them. HOLD the FIRE button to steer the Prowler in the direction of your crosshair.
- Nightfall (X)
- EQUIP the power of Fear. FIRE to send out a wave of nightmare energy that can traverse through walls. The energy creates a trail to the opponent as well as deafens and decays them.
Episode 4 Act 3 of Valorant also includes a new battle pass. 1,000 VP is required to unlock the paid tiers. Here’s a highlight of the items included in the new battle pass:
- Free Tier:
- Ragna-Rock Out Buddy
- Look Behind You Spray
- UltraBright Torch Buddy
- Yellows on Rails Player Card
- Coalition: Cobra Frenzy
- Paid Paid:
- .SYS Vandal
- .SYS Axe (melee)
- Hue Shift Phantom
- Hue Shift Shorty
- Backseat Coaching Spray
- Terrible Day for Rain Spray
- Unstoppable // Phoenix Player Card
- Deep Divisions Buddy
And finally, for those looking to get some new weapon skins, Valorant Episode 4 Act 3 adds the RGX Skin line. This skin line takes inspiration from the “gamer” aesthetic, complete with glowing RGB lighting as seen in high-end gaming hardware.
Valorant is out now on PC.