Contact: hi (at) gamermalaya.my
The Division Will Focus On Patches To Fix The Game, Delaying Planned DLCs
Remember The Division? It was so hyped back in March, lauded as the next Destiny of sorts.. only to fall into the same problems and issues. Balancing issues, a rework of the crafting systems, cheaters in PvP called the Dark Zone, and many more problems have waned down the playerbase that actively trove the streets of NYC nowadays. The planned DLCs are supposedly to keep players coming back, but Ubisoft made a tough (but in our view correct) call to delay the planned DLCs in order to get the current game’s issues addressed and fixed.
Among the issues to be addressed in the upcoming update 1.4 includes:
- Fixing bugs, including those listed in the Known Issues as well as many other ones
- Making loot drops more relevant to the player
- Enemy difficulty and time to kill
- Gear Sets and weapons balancing
- Solo player experience
- Dark Zone and PvP balancing
- Quality of life additions based on community suggestions (such as weapon skins no longer taking inventory space)
The update is slated to arrive this October. The two expansions, Survival and The Last Stand will be released separately from the update, and instead of being released all within the year, Survival is slated for a later date this year, while The Last Stand will hit early next year.
Developers Massive Entertainment have a lot of work cut out for them to get The Division into the right shape. Hopefully the concept of a third-person RPG slash MMO will be better realised with all the coming fixes, updates and expansions.