If you’ve played a Yakuza or Like A Dragon game, you’d know that this series has had plenty of partnerships to present real buildings, businesses and products, into the games. And the upcoming release of Like A Dragon: Infinite Wealth is no different.
When you’re exploring this game’s rendition of Honolulu, Hawaii, you can expect to see some stores where Kasuga, Kiryu and the party can stop by to buy food or items are actual businesses operating in real-life Honolulu. For folks from the city, or familiar with it, these are the equivalent to seeing the Sega Arcade, Don Quixote stores and other real local shops in the various towns in Japan.
The following stores are places you can visit in Like A Dragon: Infinite Wealth, as well as whenever you are in Honolulu.
- ABC Stores – Hawaii’s largest convenience store chain. Offers deli food, groceries, fine wines and spirits, local apparel and more
- 88 Tees – Clothing shop founded in 1988. Sells original T-shirt and clothing
- 53 By The Sea – Fine Dining restaurant
- Matsumoto Shave Ice – Hawaiian dessert shop serving shaved ice and other souvenirs
- Dean & Deluca – Serves coffee and delicacies to-go
Like A Dragon: Infinite Wealth, the eighth mainline entry to the series, will see the RPG venturing outside Japan. Honolulu will be a entirely new location to explore, fight in turn-based battles (unless Kiryu says it isn’t), snag Sujimon, and even transform a whole island into a five-star resort. The adventure won’t be solely be set in Honolulu as Kiryu has some unfinished business to attend to.
Like A Dragon: Infinite Wealth releases on January 26 for the PS4, PS5, PC (Steam), Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S. Physical release is available only on PlayStation platforms.