Portal Knights is a sandbox action RPG, like Minecraft with more focus on combat and RPG elements, developed by Keen Games. If you have been subscribed to PS Plus for some time, you might have already have it in your library on PS4.
Today it just got a new DLC pack.
The Druids, Furfolks and Relic Defense is as the title says. It adds a new class: the Druid. Druids get to morph into a bear, a large enemy spider or a slime, each with different attacks and skills. You can also now play as the new race: Furfolks. The furfolks has customisable fur colours, ears muzzles and more, which should be appealing to some folks.
Also added is the new Relic Defense game mode. In this mode, you must defend ancient relics, Star Stones, from waves of enemies. You can also craft traps and magical bombardments to aid you. So, it sort of like a Tower Defence game mode.
There are three new arenas for Relic Defense, with a Hard Mode also available. Completing a Relic Defense will net you rewards like unicorn and dragon mounts.
Alongside the DLC release is a free update to Portal Knights. The update adds the following:
- Basic mounts now available for all players including horses, pigs and more – available at NPC merchants
- Musical pressure plates are now available for in-game purchase
in PortalKnights adventure mode
- Creative Mode additions including waypoints set for enemies and new items to help players build their very own race tracks for newly earned mounts
- PC ONLY: Players can edit the text of NPCs and create their own mini adventures
- Bug fixes and stability improvements
Portal Knights’ Druids, Furfolks and Relic Defense DLC is out now on PC (Steam) for RM23.50 with 10% off for early birds. It should be available on PS4 and Xbox One as well (it has yet to go live on PS Store Asia at the time of writing). The DLC should also be making its way to Nintendo Switch soon.