Contact: hi (at) gamermalaya.my
Here Is The Winners Of The 1st International Mobile Gaming Awards (IMGA) for Southeast Asia
The International Mobile Gaming Awards (IMGA) has been around from 2004 in order to honour excellence in developing games on mobile devices. Past winners of the award have grown to be huge successes such as Candy Crush Saga and Monument Valley. As such, IMGA has now grown to recognise more games in different reaches of the world and one of the latest expansion is to Southeast Asia.
The 1st ever IMGA for Southeast Asia (IMGA SEA) is hosted in partnership with the Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC). MDEC has been making advances to help Malaysia and Southeast Asia to grow its own videogame industry, such as the recent Level Up KL event for game developers of this region.
The 1st IMGA SEA is judged by a selection of juries from the industry judging various mobile games developed in Southeast Asia. The winners and award ceremony were held in conjuction with Level Up KL.
The winners are as follows:
- Jury’s Honorable Mention: Sara is missing, Monsoon Lab, Malaysia
- Excellence in Innovation: Dark Dot, Inzen Studio, Singapore
- Best Multiplayer Game: Legends of Callasia, Boomzap Entertainment, Philippines
- Best Quickplay Game: Super SteamPuff, Weyrdworks, Malaysia
- Guilty Pleasure: Tahu Bulat, Own Games, Indonesia
- Best Meaningful Play: ChemCaper, ACE Ed-Venture Studio Sdn. Bhd., Malaysia
- Excellence in Gameplay: Legends of Callasia, Boomzap Entertainment, Philippines
- Excellence in Storytelling: Opus: The day we found earth, SIGONO INC., Taiwan
- Best Technical Achievement: The World 3: Rise of Demon, Good net technology co. Ltd, Taiwan
- Excellence in Audio: Lanota, Noxy Games Inc., Taiwan
- Excellence in Visual Art & Design: Eraser: Deadline Nightmare, Hiker Games, Vietnam
- Best Upcoming Game: Sara is missing, Monsoon Lab, Malaysia
- People’s Choice Award: Sky Garden: Farm in Paradise, VNG GAME STUDIOS, Vietnam
Sara Is Missing, a game we featured before, has picked up two awards: Jury’s Honorable Mention and Best Upcoming Game. Congratulations on the win! Winning awards like this not only makes your effort be appreciated by critics, but it’s also a good selling point that the game is rather good with an award to back it up. On that note, if you are looking for a mobile game give any of these award winners a look in the App Store or Play Store and see if it’s up your alley. It helps supporting the local game industry and get more passionate people in the region to be involved in making games.