Diecast toy car maker Hot Wheels is celebrating its 50th anniversary and they are doing with another collaboration with the Forza series. Previously, there was Hot Wheels themed expansion for Forza Horizon 3 that added Hot Wheels style tracks and cars.
This time, Forza Motorsport 7 is getting the love and it’s all for free. Seven new cars will be added to the game. Four are real cars tuned by Hot Wheels while the other three are the more outlandish, original designs, now in 1:1 scale, virtually.
The cars are as follows:
- 2005 Hot Wheels Ford Mustang
- 1969 Hot Wheels Chevrolet Camaro Super Sport Coupe 50th Anniversary Original Version
- 1970 Hot Wheels Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1 50th Anniversary Original Version
- 1963 Hot Wheels Volkswagen Beetle 50th Anniversary Original Version
- 2011 Hot Wheels Bone Shaker
- 2017 Hot Wheels Rip Rod
- 1969 Hot Wheels Twin Mill
In addition, new racing suits will be available to unlock, with one, the 50th Anniversary Hot Wheels suit will be gifted to all current players.
Four of these cars, three original cars plus the Mustang, will also be appearing in Forza Horizon 4 as part of seaonal event rewards, with the Twin Mill currently on offer for completing the “Blast From the Past” Season Event.
Hot Wheels have been collaborating with existing games like the Forza series and Rocket League for some time now. While there were a few Hot Wheels games that were made, maybe a collaboration like this is a cheaper and better way to do it considering the mixed quality of those games.
Source: Forza Motorsport