Forza Motorsport 6 Apex, the free-to-play version of Forza Motorsport 6 with limited features, is receiving an update today. As mentioned in the blog post on Forza’s official blog, the game will be lifting its beta tag. What that means is nothing much but a seal of approval that the Forza 6 Apex is in the state that developers Turn 10 wanted. Other than that, the game will be now receiving support for steerting wheels. The racing enthusiasts out there can now play some Forza for free on PC using these:
- Logitech G27 Racing Wheel
- Logitech G25 Racing Wheel
- Logitech G29 Racing Wheel
- Logitech MOMO Force Feedback Racing Wheel
- Thrustmaster T300RS
- Thrustmaster T500 RS Gaming Wheel
- Logitech G920 Xbox One Wheel
- Thrustmaster T150
- Thrustmaster TX Xbox One Wheel
- Thrustmaster TMX Xbox One Wheel
- Thrustmaster RGT Force Feedback Racing Wheel
More steering wheels will be supported soon, so this list will grow over time.
We tried out Forza Motorsport 6 Apex a while ago and came back impressed with what limited offering it provides, though remarked that is a pretty demanding game specs-wise and the micro-transactions are not worth a look. We may revisit it again and give our final thoughts about it. If you’re looking for a more complete Forza experience, its sister franchise with more arcadey controls Forza Horizon will have its third iteration coming out this month for both the Xbox One and Windows 10 PCs.